By visiting or using the website or Services, you acknowledge and agree to our practices, policies and terms outlined here and consent to our collection and use of your information.
Movem is an online platform that connects tenants, letting agents and landlords, including the ability to book viewings and review other users (collectively, the “Services”).
2. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE. Personal Information that you provide is used to improve, personalise and efficiently run our Services. We may share Personal Information with third parties. We make every effort to notify users when their data will be shared, via in-app notifications, website notices, emails, verbally or other.
We store any information you provide, including but not limited to; name, photos, email address, browser information, previous tenancies, rental histories, passport information, proof of income, guarantor details and interests. Some of our Services require certain personal information to use.
We may share your Personal Information with our partners, however wherever possible we anonymise any identifiable details.
Our features, such as referrals, may ask for information personal to someone else, such as a friend, client, tenant, agent or landlord (“Friends”). In these instances we are receiving and storing all the information you choose to provide us. We may use this information for marketing purposes.
Your Friends can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and request that their information be removed from our database.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY. By interacting with our website or Services, you are allowing us to automatically receive and record Personal Information. This may include but not limited to; cookies (which are identifiers that we transfer to your device which allow us to recognise you, your browsing actions and more), IP address, log data, previous web pages, time spent on pages, dates, requested pages. This information is monitored and used for analysis to improve our Services.
To disable cookies, please refer to your device or browser’s preferences, which may allow you to turn cookies off. Doing so will likely prevent you from using many of our Services.
5. STORING AND SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. By using our website or Services, you agree that we can transfer, store and process any of your Personal Information.
We may employ trusted third parties and people to complete tasks on behalf of Movem. In these instances, we may be required to share your Personal Information with them. Unless explicitly granted, no third party has the right to use, distribute, process or store any of your Personal Information.
Movem may buy or sell assets, whereby Personal Information is transferred. This includes but is not limited to; liquidation, bankruptcy, mergers, takeovers and acquisitions. In these instances, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred. You will be notified by email, in-app messages or blog posts should ownership or uses of your personal information change.
Movem reserves the right to access, preserve, disclose, read, analyse or share any Personal Information that we reasonably believe may be necessary to comply with the law, court orders, public authorities or other legal proceedings. This includes our right to protect our rights and the safety of Movem, our employees and trusted third parties.
6. SECURITY. All user accounts on Movem are password protected for your privacy and security. It is your responsibility to prevent unauthorised access to your account.
Movem cannot guarantee complete security and contains links to other sites. We accept no responsibility for the privacy policies and practices on other sites.
7. ACCESSABILITY. You may be able to access, edit and delete some of your Personal Information through your account settings. If you have any further questions, please contact us on email@example.com. We aim to respond to all enquiries within 30 days.
You’re welcome to not disclose any Personal Information with us, however this will likely restrict your use of some, or all of our Services. If you modify existing information, we may store and use all previous iterations of the unrevised information. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, requirements and restrictions.
You may request that we delete your account, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, however some of your records may remain in our private records after any deletion. We may use aggregated data derived from, or incorporating, your Personal Information, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
9. CONTACT. If you have any further questions, you may contact us at email@example.com
Effective: 1st May, 2017